Lobster is considered a delicacy all over the world, and with good reason. This delectable crustacean has been enjoyed by seafood lovers for centuries, and is now available in many different varieties and preparations. From grilled to steamed, baked to boiled, and everything in between, there are countless ways to enjoy this delicious seafood. But where can you find the best lobster in the world?
The answer to that question may depend on a number of factors, including personal taste, preparation method, and location. However, there are a few places around the world that are widely recognized as being the best when it comes to lobster. Here are some of the top contenders.
Where The Best Lobsters Come From
Maine, United States
- Maine is widely considered to be the lobster capital of the world, and with good reason. This northeastern state produces the largest amount of lobster in the United States, and is home to some of the most iconic lobster shacks and restaurants in the country. Whether you prefer your lobster steamed or boiled, Maine is the place to be for the freshest and most delicious lobster you'll ever taste.
Nova Scotia, Canada
2. Located on Canada's eastern coast, Nova Scotia is another top contender for the title of best lobster in the world. The cold, clear waters of the North Atlantic provide the perfect environment for lobster to thrive, and the local fishermen take pride in catching some of the biggest and most flavorful lobsters in the world. Whether you prefer your lobster dipped in butter or served cold with a side of cocktail sauce, Nova Scotia is a must-visit destination for seafood lovers.
3. If you're looking for a more refined and elegant lobster experience, Brittany, France is the place to be. This region of France is renowned for its seafood, and lobster is no exception. The lobsters here are often served in classic French preparations, such as bisque or thermidor, and are accompanied by the finest wines and cheeses from the region. If you're looking for a truly luxurious lobster experience, Brittany is the perfect destination.
4. Tasmania is a small island state off the southern coast of Australia, known for its rugged wilderness and pristine natural beauty. It is also home to some of the best lobster in the world. The waters around Tasmania are cool and clear, providing the perfect environment for lobsters to thrive. The local fishermen catch some of the biggest and most flavorful lobsters in the world, which are often served in local restaurants and seafood shacks.
5. Japan is known for its seafood, and lobster is no exception. The northern island of Hokkaido is home to some of the best lobster in the country, with the local fishermen catching some of the biggest and most flavorful lobsters in the world. Hokkaido is also home to some of the best seafood restaurants in Japan, where you can enjoy your lobster in a variety of traditional Japanese preparations.
There are many places around the world where you can find the best lobster. Whether you prefer your lobster steamed, boiled, or prepared in a more refined and elegant fashion, there is a destination out there that is perfect for you. From the rugged wilderness of Tasmania to the refined elegance of Brittany, and from the lobster shacks of Maine to the seafood restaurants of Hokkaido, there is no shortage of delicious lobster to be found. So why not set out on a lobster adventure and see what the world has to offer?
Where to Buy The Best Lobster
However, if you're looking for some of the best lobsters on the market, Kolikof Caviar & Gourmet has you covered. With a wide selection of wild-caught lobsters being flown in directly from the all around the world, we have the exact breed and origin of lobster you're looking for.
Some of the most popular and high-quality options include our South African Lobster Tail, which are flown in directly from the frigid waters of the South Atlantic Ocean.