Prime Angus Tomahawk Steak
- 1 Prime Angus tomahawk steak, about 2 inches thick
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Take the steak out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking to let it come to room temperature.
- Preheat your grill or cast-iron skillet to high heat.
- Season the steak generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, and olive oil. Rub the mixture all over the steak.
- Place the steak on the grill or skillet and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side to get a nice crust.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking the steak until it reaches your desired level of doneness. Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature: 120°F for rare, 130°F for medium-rare, 140°F for medium, and 150°F for medium-well.
- Once the steak is cooked to your liking, remove it from the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and brush it over the sliced steak before serving.
This tomahawk steak pairs well with a simple side salad or roasted vegetables. Enjoy!