- 2 whole Loup de Mer fish (about 1 pound each)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Scale and clean the Loup de Mer, and score the skin in a criss-cross pattern with a sharp knife.
- Season the fish inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the fish cavity with lemon slices and fresh thyme.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the Loup de Mer to the skillet and sear until golden brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove the fish from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and sauté until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and broth, and bring to a simmer.
- Return the Loup de Mer to the skillet and spoon some of the sauce over the fish.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and stir in the unsalted butter and chopped parsley.
- Serve the Loup de Mer hot, with additional sauce spooned over the top.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy Loup de Mer dish!