Hot Smoked Scottish Salmon
- 1 lb hot smoked Scottish salmon
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crackers or sliced baguette, for serving
- Remove the skin and any bones from the hot smoked Scottish salmon and flake the fish into small pieces with a fork.
- In a medium bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, minced fresh chives, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard until well combined.
- Add the flaked hot smoked Scottish salmon to the bowl and gently fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Season the mixture with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve the hot smoked Scottish salmon dip with crackers or sliced baguette and enjoy!
This recipe is a delicious way to showcase the rich and complex flavor of hot smoked Scottish salmon. The creamy and tangy cream cheese mixture complements the smoky flavor of the salmon perfectly, while the fresh chives and lemon juice add a bright, refreshing note. This dish is perfect as an appetizer for any occasion and is sure to impress your guests.