Dry-Aged USDA Prime Porterhouse Steak Bistecca alla Fiorentina
- 2 Dry-Aged USDA Prime Porterhouse Steaks, about 2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons of coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator and let them sit at room temperature for 1 hour before cooking.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Generously season both sides of the steaks with the coarse sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat a large, oven-safe skillet over high heat. Add the olive oil and garlic, and cook until the garlic is golden brown.
- Remove the garlic from the skillet and discard it.
- Add the steaks to the skillet and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side until a golden-brown crust forms.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the steaks for 6-8 minutes for medium-rare, or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let the steaks rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Slice the steaks against the grain and serve with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of sea salt, and a few sprigs of fresh rosemary.
This dish is best served with a simple arugula salad dressed with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Enjoy the robust flavor and tender texture of this Dry-Aged USDA Prime Porterhouse Steak Bistecca alla Fiorentina!