Salmon Caviar Benedict
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 oz smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup caviar
- Chives, finely chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the toasted English muffin halves on a baking sheet and top each half with a slice of smoked salmon.
- In a large pot, bring 2-3 inches of water to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the white vinegar to the pot.
- Crack one egg into a small bowl or ramekin.
- Using a spoon, swirl the water in the pot in a circular motion to create a whirlpool.
- Carefully slide the egg into the center of the whirlpool and let it cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the white is set but the yolk is still runny.
- Remove the poached egg with a slotted spoon and place it on top of the smoked salmon on one of the English muffin halves.
- Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water, making sure the bowl does not touch the water.
- Gradually whisk in the melted butter, whisking constantly, until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and whisk in the caviar.
- Spoon the caviar hollandaise sauce over the poached eggs.
- Garnish the smoked salmon caviar Benedict with chopped chives.
- Bake the smoked salmon caviar Benedict in the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until the hollandaise sauce is heated through.
- Serve the smoked salmon caviar Benedict hot.
Enjoy your delicious smoked Salmon Caviar Benedict!