- 1 lb. Japanese A5 Wagyu Boneless Ribeye, at room temperature
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Maldon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Season the Japanese A5 Wagyu Boneless Ribeye generously with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add the butter and let it melt, then add the garlic and thyme sprigs and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the Japanese A5 Wagyu Boneless Ribeye to the skillet and sear on one side until deeply browned and crisp, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the steak and transfer the skillet to the preheated oven. Roast until the desired doneness is achieved, about 4-6 minutes for medium-rare.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and transfer the steak to a cutting board. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak against the grain and season with Maldon sea salt to taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the decadent flavor and texture of Japanese A5 Wagyu Boneless Ribeye.
This recipe showcases the exceptional flavor and quality of Japanese A5 Wagyu Boneless Ribeye, while keeping the preparation simple and straightforward. The combination of a cast-iron skillet and the oven allows for an even cooking and a perfect crust on the steak. Be sure to slice the steak against the grain to achieve maximum tenderness, and finish with Maldon sea salt for an added pop of flavor.