- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups fish stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 tsp saffron threads
- 1/2 lb mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1/2 lb clams, scrubbed
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb sea bass or other white fish, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, and fennel and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, tomatoes, fish stock, white wine, and saffron. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the mussels, clams, shrimp, and sea bass. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the seafood is cooked through and the clams and mussels have opened.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with crusty bread.