- 4-6 Goose legs, skin on
- 1 cup coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2-3 cups duck fat or goose fat
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Rinse the goose legs and pat them dry.
- In a bowl, mix together the sea salt, sugar, crushed garlic, bay leaves, thyme, and peppercorns.
- Rub the goose legs generously with the salt mixture, making sure to coat them well. Place them in a container or a plastic bag and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Rinse the goose legs under cold water to remove the excess salt mixture. Pat them dry with paper towels.
- Place the goose legs in a baking dish that fits them snugly. Cover them with duck fat or goose fat.
- Bake the goose legs in the preheated oven for 3-4 hours, or until the meat is tender and falls off the bone.
- Remove the goose legs from the oven and let them cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, remove the meat from the bones and shred it into bite-sized pieces.
- Serve the Goose Confit warm, garnished with fresh parsley.
This Goose Confit recipe is a wonderful way to enjoy the rich, gamey flavor of goose. The meat becomes incredibly tender and flavorful during the cooking process, and the crispy skin adds a nice texture to the dish. Serve the Goose Confit with roasted potatoes, sautéed greens, or a simple green salad for a complete and satisfying meal. Enjoy!