- 1 whole suckling pig (8-10 pounds), cleaned and prepared
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, white wine, smoked paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper to create a marinade.
- Rub the marinade all over the pig, inside and out, making sure to coat it evenly.
- Place the pig in a large roasting pan and roast for about 3-4 hours, basting every 30 minutes with the pan juices. You want the skin to be crispy and browned.
- When the pig is done, remove it from the oven and let it rest for about 15 minutes before carving.
- Serve the pig with a side of roasted potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Note: This recipe requires a whole suckling pig, which can be difficult to find in some areas. If you cannot find a suckling pig, you can substitute with a smaller pig or pork shoulder. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.