- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 2-3 tablespoons ice water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 4-6 oz caviar
- Toast points or crackers, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Add the chilled, cubed butter to the bowl and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to blend the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add the ice water to the bowl, one tablespoon at a time, stirring with a fork, until the mixture forms a dough.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a thickness of about 1/8 inch.
- Carefully transfer the dough to a 9-inch pie dish and trim the edges.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, black pepper, green onions, and dill.
- Spread the sour cream mixture evenly over the bottom of the prepared pie crust.
- Carefully spoon the caviar on top of the sour cream mixture, spreading it evenly.
- Bake the caviar pie in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is set.
- Remove the caviar pie from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
- Serve the caviar pie with toast points or crackers.
Enjoy your delicious caviar pie!