- 1 Australian wagyu boneless prime rib (3-4 lbs)
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Fresh herbs (such as thyme or rosemary)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the Australian wagyu boneless prime rib from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for about an hour.
- Season the roast generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on all sides.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or roasting pan over high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and swirl to coat.
- Sear the roast on all sides until a nice crust forms, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Add some fresh herbs to the pan, such as thyme or rosemary, and transfer the roast to the oven.
- Roast the prime rib in the oven for about 20-25 minutes per pound, or until it reaches your desired level of doneness. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature - 125 degrees Fahrenheit for rare, 135 for medium rare, and 145 for medium.
- Remove the roast from the oven and let it rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
When serving the Australian wagyu boneless prime rib, slice it against the grain and serve it with your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes. And don't forget to enjoy the rich, juicy flavor of this amazing cut of beef!