- 1 Australian Wagyu BMS 8-9 Filet Mignon Tenderloin (8-10 oz)
- Olive oil
- Fresh herbs (such as thyme or rosemary)
- Remove the Australian Wagyu BMS 8-9 Filet Mignon Tenderloin from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for about an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season the tenderloin generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or oven-safe pan over high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and swirl to coat.
- Sear the tenderloin on all sides until a nice crust forms, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add a tablespoon of butter, a few cloves of crushed garlic, and some fresh herbs to the pan. Baste the tenderloin with the butter mixture for about 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast the tenderloin for about 8-10 minutes for medium rare, or until it reaches your desired level of doneness. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature - 125 degrees Fahrenheit for rare, 135 for medium rare, and 145 for medium.
- Remove the tenderloin from the oven and let it rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
When serving the Australian Wagyu BMS 8-9 Filet Mignon Tenderloin, slice it into medallions and serve it with a drizzle of the pan juices and some roasted vegetables or a side salad. The buttery flavor and melt-in-your-mouth texture of the beef will be a true crowd pleaser.