- 1 Australian wagyu tomahawk steak (3-4 lbs)
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Fresh herbs (such as thyme or rosemary)
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the Australian wagyu tomahawk steak from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for about an hour.
- Season the steak generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle over high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and swirl to coat.
- Add the steak to the pan and sear it for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until a nice crust forms.
- Add some fresh herbs to the pan, such as thyme or rosemary, and transfer the steak to the oven.
- Roast the steak in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until it reaches your desired level of doneness. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature - 125 degrees Fahrenheit for rare, 135 for medium rare, and 145 for medium.
- Remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
When serving the Australian wagyu tomahawk steak, slice it against the grain and serve it with your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables or a baked potato. And don't forget to enjoy the rich, buttery flavor of this amazing cut of beef!