- 1 Australian Wagyu BMS 8-9 NY Strip Steak (12-16 oz)
- Olive oil
- Fresh herbs (such as thyme or rosemary)
- Remove the Australian Wagyu BMS 8-9 NY Strip Steak from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for about an hour.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to high heat.
- Season the NY Strip Steak generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil on both sides of the steak to prevent sticking to the grill.
- Grill the steak for about 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare, or until it reaches your desired level of doneness. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature - 125 degrees Fahrenheit for rare, 135 for medium rare, and 145 for medium.
- While the steak is cooking, melt a tablespoon of butter in a small saucepan. Add a few cloves of crushed garlic and some fresh herbs to the pan, and cook until fragrant.
- Once the steak is done cooking, remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Slice the steak against the grain, and serve with a drizzle of the garlic herb butter.
When serving the Australian Wagyu BMS 8-9 NY Strip Steak, it pairs well with a variety of sides such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes or a side salad. The marbling of the steak ensures a buttery flavor and a melt-in-your-mouth texture.