Coquilles Saint-Jacques is a classic French dish that features scallops cooked in a creamy sauce and topped with breadcrumbs. It is a delicious and elegant dish that is perfect for special occasions or a fancy dinner at home.
To make Coquilles Saint-Jacques, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of fresh scallops
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
Here is how to prepare Coquilles Saint-Jacques:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rinse the scallops under cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add the scallops to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, until they are lightly browned.
- Remove the scallops from the skillet and set them aside.
- Add the white wine to the skillet and cook for a few minutes, until it has reduced by half.
- Add the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese to the skillet and stir until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the scallops in a baking dish and pour the sauce over them.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with a tablespoon of melted butter.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the scallops.
- Bake the Coquilles Saint-Jacques in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and the sauce is bubbly.
- Serve the Coquilles Saint-Jacques hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
Coquilles Saint-Jacques is best enjoyed with a glass of chilled white wine and a side of crusty bread. Bon appétit!