Neuhaus Belgian Chocolate

It was 1857 when Swiss pharmacist Jean Neuhaus moved to Brussels. It was there that he opened his apothecary in Galerie de la Reine. To the delight of his customers, he coated his otherwise ill-tasting medicines with a layer of fine chocolate. Later, in 1912, his grandson Jean Neuhaus Jr. envisioned replacing the medical centers with ganache and pralinés. Hence, the award-wining Belgian praline was born!